Friday, December 31, 2010

The end of 2010. My "sparkle", also known as my youngest, Kimberly, has been attending Portland State University in Portland,Oregon this past year. She works very hard at school and at work. She takes good care of herself and her Dad and I are so proud of her. She came home early in December for a few days and we had a lovely Christmas. She has never missed a Christmas with us before so when December 25th rambled around she was dearly missed. We had a nice dinner with Jeff anyway.

Last Sunday she and her gal pal, Lizzy flew out from Portland, Oregon to New York City. Mother Nature had other plans. Snowstorm 2010 was fast and massive and the east coast airports were shut down. They were stuck at the Hilton across from the airport in Chicago. Poor little dears... they have been having a blast exploring the Windy city. Today is Friday and I just got a call from her that she was finally able to get a standbye flight with Lizzy last night. So they will be able to enjoy New Year's in the Big Apple. Lucky girls... I just hope it doesn't take them a week to get home.

My kids keep me on my toes and on my knees. I love them so very much. 2011 looks better than ever. Susi